Fire Smoke Damage and SERVPRO Odor Removal
Odor from Smoke and Fire Damage? SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties is Your Solution! Call Now! 530-222-0200
Smoke can linger in your home after a fire and can damage your belongings.
The City of Redding and Shasta County, California home and property owners know well the lingering odor and persistent ash deposits from recent local fires, such as the Carr, Delta, Hirz, Camp and many others. Smoke enters attic vents, ventilation ducts and air conditioning systems to permeate furniture, books, electronic circuitry, carpet and belongings. Additionally, health effects can occur from toxic synthetics burned off from automobile tires and far away chemical sites choking air quality from wind driven wildfires.
** More Info: Look us up on Facebook and also read our many highly rated 5 star reviews on Google, Yelp and our website Customer Reviews Page.
SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties professionals undergo rigorous restoration industry training and know how to get rid of soot and the damage caused by smoke that will be present in a home ravished by flames.
Smoke from home, industrial and natural wildfires, in this age of populations and people encroaching into our local wildland urban interface zones, contain a rich soup of long-chain hydrocarbons, wood ash, rubber, tar, exposed plastics, formaldehyde from burned particle-board home and structure building materials and a plethora of other unnatural and highly toxic smoke compounds sticking to the inside of homes on the walls and ceilings.
After Fire Hazard: Smoke and Ash Odor Inside Your Home and Belongings
Smoke damage can involve more than creating black soot. Most smoke particles, especially with the combustion of synthetic materials, when wet, creates an acidic, oily residue that can eat away and pit metal, such as range hoods, refrigerators as well as sentimental objects like tea sets and tin or silver heirloom items. Our goal as a locally owned and operated SERVPRO Franchise here in the North State is to reduce costs, save and salvage to restore contents and valuables. Many home furnishings and possessions simply need professional cleaning and odor removal. Our certified and trained SERVPRO technicians have the resources and expertise to do just that.
Also, another type of smoke residue requiring detailed attention and specialized cleaning techniques results from Protein Fires. A simple example would be a Thanksgiving Turkey burned in a hot oven. Meat consists of protein and fat. When these burn in an enclosed space such as a home kitchen the smoke and fumes coat every surface imaginable with a hard-brownish protein shell.
Redding residents know all too well the tragic and damaging long term results of area fires.
You need a qualified, professional team to provide fast 24/7-365 fire, water and mold emergency cleanup and restoration to help get your home back to “Like it never even happened” condition for you and your family.
Smoke, Ash and Soot Cleaning – Odor Removal and Deodorization
Winter Home Fire Safety – SERVPRO Professional Advice
SERVPRO Takes Your Redding Home Fire Safety Seriously! We can help you 24/7 - 365. Call Now! 530-222-0200
Trying to stay warm in your home during these Winter months here in Redding?
Especially with the recent massive snow storm, fallen trees and Shasta County wide power outages homeowners are forced to take uncommon drastic measures to provide heat such as using inside propane burners, candles, wood stoves and open flames. Even when the power is on traditional space heaters and electric blankets deserve the same precautions – clearing away low hanging sheets, towels and checking extension cords for bad plugs and frayed insulation.
Our SERVPRO office here in Redding, California receives ongoing phone calls from residents who have experienced Winter related fires in kitchens and living areas - all in an attempt to keep warm. Our highly trained SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties technicians understand that accidents happen.
- When the power is out, it is usually a bad choice to use propane heating units inside living areas simply because of the immense danger of carbon monoxide build up. CO2 is highly lethal in strong concentrations. Without odor or smell the gas from internal space heaters can produce loss of consciousness for occupants.
- When the power is out a home is generally dark. Extra caution is advised with an open heating flame being too close to unseen combustible material such as paper, bed sheets and fabric towels.
- When the power is on be on the lookout for damaged electric wall sockets and exposed wiring in extension cords. Also keep in mind that home electrical wiring and the circuit breaker can only take so much wattage on a particular circuit. Always use common sense and follow the voltage limits and manufacturer directions on the device.
- A) Space heaters require a clear, flat surface for safety and to remain stable while in operation.
- B) Don’t put space heaters on carpets or rugs.
- C) Newer model heaters are installed with a floor shut off device that if the unit is leaning or falls shut off occurs. Check your heater to make sure it has that device.
- D) The key safety point for propane heaters is to have adequate ventilation to outside air. Also battery powered combination smoke and carbon monoxide detectors installed around heating areas can be potential life savers – especially at night when temperatures drop, heaters are left on and occupants are asleep.
- E) Finally, children, pets and the elderly or those persons with compromised immune systems can be especially susceptible to the inhalation of invisible heater off-gassing, fumes and CO2.
Your friends here at SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties hope that by implementing the above guidelines you never have to experience the impact of fire damage resulting from unsafe space heaters, propane heating units, and electrical device malfunctions.
This winter season if you do experience any fire damage events in your home call us immediately for a fast day or night response from our trained and qualified Redding and Shasta County SERVPRO technicians.
Call SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties Today!
** Stay up to date on more timely news and safety tips by Liking and Following us on Facebook at:
SERVPRO Answers Customers WATER DAMAGE Questions!
Your Redding House is Leaking Water and Flooded?
Call SERVPRO Today! Fast, Professional Response!
SERVPRO Water Flood Damage Cleanup for Redding, California Homeowners and Property Managers
SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties uses IICRC water damage restoration standards incorporating advanced zone containment, air quality monitoring and moisture reading equipment to constantly measure and document the water extraction process. Our Green SERVPRO trucks will arrive at your home and our expert trained professionals will set up strategically located air movers, dehumidifiers and if necessary HEPA filter equipped air scrubbers. An experienced project manager will be on site to supervise and explain in detail any concerns a homeowner will have about water cleanup process.
** View Our Article: Redding Home Water Damage
YES. As a matter of fact, here in the Redding, California and Shasta County area insurance agents and claims adjusters will ask you to call SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties immediately to stop continuing water damage as soon as possible and begin the cleanup and drying process. Don’t call your insurance company first and then wait for an insurance claims adjuster to arrive. Our goal is to immediately save your contents, decrease restoration costs and protect the walls, floors, roof and structure of your home.
HOW DOES THE WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION PROCESS WORK?
Water cleanup and water repair is a several step process.
- The first step is to identify and remove all standing water from carpet, hardwood, laminate and tile flooring, wall paper and drywall. Fixing severe water damage intrusion may require the removal of drywall, carpet, flooring, cabinets, bathroom, toilet and shower fixtures as well as kitchen home appliances such as dishwashers, sinks and refrigerators.
- When water extraction is complete moisture drying dehumidifiers and a variety of highly advanced SERVPRO state-of-the-art equipment will be positioned in what we like to call “zones” in the home to target problem wet areas and effectively circulate air.
- Depending upon the severity, amount of water and the space of flooding damage this can take one or more days. All the while internal sensors in our equipment are recording moisture readings. That moisture reading data is parsed by hand held mobile SERVPRO computers and charted to track job status in real time.
- Water in a home can also produce dank mildew odor especially within carpet padding, wet insulation inside walls and within sofa upholstery and cushions. Our SERVPRO technicians may introduce odor removal and deodorizing technology as well as immediate mold mitigation procedures to quickly address unsafe and potentially hazardous moisture conditions.
- When our SERVPRO production manager deems the process is complete, we do a final sweep with moisture monitoring meters and hand-held thermal imaging cameras (if necessary) to absolutely make certain lingering water is gone and your home and belongings are thoroughly dry.
“Mitigation” as understood is “to identify and take the action of reducing the severity, seriousness, or painfulness of something”. Under this definition, as a premiere SERVPRO franchise and preferred choice among Redding property owners, insurance and real estate agents in Northern California; mitigating water and mold damage is at the core of our insistence upon customer service excellence and timely fast around-the-clock response times!
- Thus, SERVPRO home water damage mitigation usually includes some degree of wall, ceiling, roof or floor demolition before cleaning and drying out the structure and belongings. For most one to two story single-family homes this phase usually requires no more that 3 – 4 days.
- Repair, restore and rebuild, based on the depth of damage, can take longer. Shasta County typically has a long lead time for rebuilds that require new building permits. Redding area contractors are time crunched post-fire seasons. The order time of required building and construction materials such as drywall, lumber, fittings, bathroom and kitchen fixtures, insulation and other materials such as carpeting, cabinets and flooring can be unpredictable. All of that to say this: Your SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties assigned project manager will work closely with you and your insurance company to outline a detailed scope-of-work and completion timeline for your mitigation and repair requirements. Our primary concern is that you, your family, loved ones and pets along with furnishings and contents are restored to a healthy and happy home environment.
WHAT CERTIFICATIONS DOES SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties HOLD FOR HOUSE FLOOD WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION?
The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) provides a specific set of standards for fixing water damage. We hold and are maintain current training in the coveted IICRC S500, water damage repair certification.
Several factors determine costs. The size and area of the property flooded. The time and equipment required to quickly extract and dry water to minimize damage. Insurance adjuster claims process is generally unknown. SERVPRO works with both homeowners and insurance companies to reduce expense and save and restore as much as possible. Our goal is to target the source of loss and mitigate continuing structural damage and prevent toxic mold growth.
Clean water – Always potable. Before the water hits the ground, someone should be able to drink it.
Gray water – Possible harm or illness to persons. Example would be washing machine, sink or dishwasher overflow. Containing chemicals, soap, and considered unpotable.
Black water – Extreme harm to persons. Sewage, petroleum products, oil, gasoline, within the water as well as raw sewage, blood, bacteria, virus and others biological toxins.
CAN MOLD DEVELOP FROM FLOOD AND WATER DAMAGE?
The rule of thumb is that where there is water there is a very good chance for mold. Dark, dank and moisture rich environments provide the perfect biological ecosystem for toxic black mold infestations to quickly grow. Humidity and temperature can cause mold to grow in 24 to 48 hours.
Like and Follow us on Facebook at @SERVPRONorthShastaTrinityGreaterTehamaCounties
Wildfire Risk for Redding Homes and Neighborhoods
Get ready now for Wild Fire Season fast approaching! SERVPRO in Redding, California can help! Call Today! 530-222-0200
The City of Redding, California in July of 2018 suffered one of the most destructive wildfires in California history. Burning nearly half a million acres the Carr Fire devastated in excess of 2,000 structures and burned over 270 homes. Just when Northern California communities and residents thought there was some relief wildfire again reared its ugly head. The Camp Fire, occurring in early November, raged with such speed and intensity fueled by decades of overgrown brush and high winds quickly burning through the Butte County mountain town of Paradise and covering the neighboring towns of Chico, Orland and surrounding areas with blankets of ash and soot.
** SEE: Community Planning Assistance for Wildfire Project – Redding, California
New construction will be held to higher standards of code requiring:
- Defensible space requirements surrounding structures
- Using ignition-resistant construction materials
- Clearing brush, safer forestry management and implementing wildland vegetation strategies.
Living among neighbors when it comes to wildfires is a team effort. A single home fortified by fire resistant building materials and defensible cleared space will still burn if surrounding homes ignite. The goal is to reduce the effect of fast-moving wind-blown embers lighting on fire flammable roofing materials and being sucked into attic vents. There are three hazardous fire zones around a home.
** SEE: Wildfire Conflagration Continues Report
- The closest defensible space to maintain is an immediate 5-ft non-combustible area around the house. To use a real-life example SERVPRO was called to an area in the hilly terrain of West Redding. When our team of fire and water damage restoration professionals arrived, they discovered that the home was saved from surrounding Carr Fire destruction because the homeowners had created a stone and rock landscaped perimeter completely around the house. The fire burned right up the edge and stopped a few feet away from the structure and thus saved the home.
- The second zone extends 30-feet out. This area creates open space with extensive brush and branch removal.
- The third zone is meant to resist the speed of wildfire growth through additional brush reduction.
Be sure and take a look at our popular article: California’s Wildfires: The Perfect Shasta County Fire Conditions
SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties provides fast on-site fire damage inspections for residual soot, ash and charred structure odor and cleanup.
Homeowners, neighborhoods and local Redding area communities like Anderson, Red Bluff, Corning, Orland, Mt. Shasta, Yreka, Dunsmuir, Weed and extending out to Weaverville, Shingletown and Bella Vista, rely upon the knowledge, fire risk mitigation expertise and fast smoke damage response SERVPRO brings to our North State area.
Redding, California Commercial Business Fire, Water, Mold Damage Cleanup
Business been hit with Fire, Mold or Water Flood? Call SERVPRO in Redding, California NOW! Fast Professional Action - 530-222-0200
SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties provides fire, water, odor and mold cleanup project best practices for your Redding and Shasta County commercial property.
Commercial loss requires immediate service for property damage restoration to restore “open-for-business” status, maintain employee and customer safety and minimize structure and content inventory loss. As a SERVPRO franchise, the strength of our trusted brand provides our project manager and trained technicians proprietary restoration industry software aligning documentation, workflow, and daily updates into a detailed transparent customer-centric report of results. Our goal is constant open communication with point-of-contact project managers, owners, facilities directors including insurance agents and claims adjuster decision makers.
** Commercial Customers Benefit with SERVPRO’s Effective, Open and Regular Communication –
Our over two decades of commercial fire and water damage restoration in Shasta County have show us that no job is the same. Each location requires an individualized and specific tasks and timelines for project equipment, technology and resources all overseen on-site by a trained SERVPRO supervisor. Our project manager directs operations from an agreed upon and well understood timeline with highly refined actions that certifies the agreed upon scope of work is achieved.
Also recognize that commercial mold damage is, many times, not covered with traditional insurance policies. The premium cost of special mold coverage insurance, known as (EIL) Environmental Impairment Liability, can be acquired, quite often, with extra discounts simply because, SERVPRO, as a known and licensed restoration provider did an on-site walk through and a preexisting Emergency Ready Profile is on-hand.
“Good EIL coverage is available at a reasonable cost to commercial property owners that have an active water intrusion loss prevention plan provided by an IICRC certified firm.”
…for your Northern California industrial facility or place of business. The Emergency Ready Profile is an electronic or printed file that outlines the location and procedures for gas, electric and water shut off valves, emergency, first responder and owner contact information and a vast array of detail that business all over the Redding area have found to be invaluable.
Contact us at (530) 222-0200
Redding Snow Storm, Power Outage, Fallen Trees, Home Roof Leaks, Water and Property Damage
Redding Power Outage, Snow, Rain and Flood Damage to Your Home? Call SERVPRO 530-222-0200
Redding, California got pummeled with a rare 50-year massive snow storm knocking down trees, powerlines and cutting off power in Shasta County for thousands.
From the Redding Record Searchlight: UPDATE: This is the most snow Redding has seen in 50 years. Here's what that looks like
Fortunately, our local power company, Redding Electric Utility works around the clock to restore the grid. The heavy accumulation of snow caused large tree branches to tear through home roofs and opened structural gaps allowing rain and water flooding into living spaces. Our crews with SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties are taking calls and responding on-site with water removal equipment, dehumidifiers and drying equipment to prevent further moisture damage.
Call Us for Roof Tarping, Water Removal, Emergency Board Up, Content Removal and Dry Out.
Winter weather hit the North State hard. Strong storms will continue to bring large amounts of precipitation. More information here: North State Digs Out – More Snow on the Way
Many residents are still without power. Homeowners are looking for quick response to reduce secondary damage and the growth of mold on untreated and wet ceiling and wall surfaces. Insurance companies already reeling from the massive costs associated with the Carr and Camp fires are now dealing with water damage claims. Our highly trained water damage restoration technicians use proven structural drying techniques and document every step of the process from start to finish. More rain along with higher daytime temperatures continue to melt snow and create severe flooding conditions in many Redding neighborhoods.
Redding Home Water Damage
Water Leaking in Your House? Call Us Immediately at 530-222-0200. Serving Redding, Red Bluff, Mt. Shasta, Yreka, Weed and surrounding areas.
Residential fire, water, mold and storm, rain and flood emergency repair and clean up restoration services provided by Redding California SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties trained professionals is a testament to the fact that most property owners discover water problems too late. Much could have been prevented.
** GOOD NEWS - We are here at 530-222-0200 all the time day or night to respond quickly!
Water pipes and faucet fixtures under kitchen and bathroom cabinetry, behind showers, sheet rock and along internal wall spaces leak, freeze, drip, burst and allow moisture to secretly build up in as-yet-undiscovered spots only to awaken a property owner when the signs appear – mold, paint bubbles, sagging wet walls, dank musty mildew odor and, of course, visible layers of water gravitating to a home’s lowest point. Carpeting, toilet fixtures, vinyl and hardwood floors retain moisture in the climate-controlled ecosystem of modern home HVAC systems providing a perfect breeding ground for greater toxic problems like mold spores on clothes.
Water flooding can occur from old and under-maintained dishwashers, water heaters, swamp coolers and toilets. Plumbing pipes running through the second story wall and floor space create greater problems, often, destroying lower story ceilings and floors producing discoloration and soaking into carpeting and home furnishings in bedrooms. Different colors appear, perhaps yellowish or brown along with water bubbles in peeling and cracking paint and wallpaper stains.
Water Repair People
SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties
Kitchen and bathroom floors, whether vinyl or hardwood, even in the best of conditions are usually high-traffic spill areas inviting puddle accumulation. When a pipe ruptures sections already weakened by ongoing foot-traffic exhibit changes in texture such as warping, buckling, curling and in worst-case scenarios the above-foundation floor begins to sink from wet floor joists and structural supports. Hardwood floors besides changing shape also suck up water into the wood pores to swell and expand.
For more information please take a look at our post: Flood Water Damage Insurance Regulations for Commercial and Residential Property Owners
Keep in mind as well that when you think of water related damage issues you typically don’t think of fire. Soot and ash certainly, however, a great deal of residential moisture damage insurance claims are the result of firefighting efforts; high pressure water and chemical foam used to extinguish the flames.
Our professional and trained technicians rush drying equipment and odor neutralizers to your home or apartment to prevent further water damage and begin cleaning all types of moisture and plumbing disasters in your home. We also clean up mold. Fast air drying and circulation is critical to stopping further damage.
Your possessions and contents are treasured items. We have a page that describes SERVPRO’s detailed water damage restoration process called “Caring For Your Belongings”. Also, our ongoing Blog page, among Redding, Shasta County and Northern California home owners is a popular destination for water damage information related to fire, mold, and storm damage. Many area residents in recent days who visit our site have enjoyed our article entitled Apartments in Redding, California and Winter Water Damage. Especially during our current stormy weather we are taking calls for water leaks and indoor flooding.
We are here for you with fast professional 24 / 7 – 365 response and trained, qualified and professional people who have your best interests in mind.
Like and Follow us on Facebook at @SERVPRONorthShastaTrinityGreaterTehamaCounties
Dangerous Mold is a living organism – a fungus spore.
Mold Growing in Home? Bad Mildew Odor? Call your Redding, California SERVPRO Mold Cleanup Experts!
Good mold can be used to make life saving Penicillin based antibiotics. Everyday foods we all enjoy such as yogurt and certain types of cheese are produced with mold. Dangerous mold, the type found in your home under sinks and especially hidden within rain-soaked moisture rich wall insulation and unventilated leaking attic spaces is our concern.
We are professional mold remediators and use specific SERVPRO proprietary commercial grade biocides such as the newly released SERVPROXIDE™ unleashing a new weapon on mold, virus and bacteria outbreaks.
Read our blog article: Mold Cleaning – Residential, Commercial & Hospital Disinfectant
We Know How to Kill Mold! 530-222-0200
Mold Preventative Measure Techniques
- Schedule regular plumbing checks in your laundry, kitchen and bathroom (especially under cabinets) for leaks and slow drips into wall spaces and porous surfaces.
- Regular cleaning, for example, along shower door runners; anywhere standing water can remain undried for long periods of time, does wonders to provide healthy living and prevent mold from forming.
- Carpeting and Wallpaper in Bathrooms, in particular, are mold growth havens because of long-term high-humidity levels from hot showers. Extra cleaning is necessary.
- Believe it or not, our over two decades of experience providing hundreds of Redding, California and Shasta County homes with mold remediation and restoration has shown that a hidden mold breeding ground exists between the sheetrock, the glue and the paper-cellulose covering in toilet facilities and kitchens where homeowners have used wall coverings as decoration components. When wet, from water leaks and / or long-term moisture condensation, the glue and paper, overtime, turn into a dark unventilated fertile slurry of nutrients feeding mold colonies. Unless performed by a mold damage restoration expert removing the wallpaper can result in the accelerated activation and large-scale release of mold spores thus making the homeowners problem exponentially worse.
- Paint and Mold. Our IICRC trained and certified mold mitigation specialists at SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties recommend not simply painting over mold. Latex residential interior paint, some of which can contain mold resistant additives, does not kill mold. Like the wallpaper example above, over time water seepage sinks through paint layers and produces the same toxic environment facilitating the continuation of mold growth and spore release.
- Mold outbreaks in the back of closets are quite common. Long term storage of shoes and clothes are ripe for all forms of mold. Unsanitized and moist footwear tracking in outside pollutants along with unwashed clothing provide ripe conditions for what we have seen as the green mold dust on garments. Allow adequate dry airflow when hanging up items. Sweat, body fluid and hair, reside in the fabric weave and hold onto toxic spores.
If you smell recurring mildew and / or building residents are reporting health problems, then you may be correct in your suspicions that mold and resulting toxic indoor air quality could be present.
How SERVPRO Can Benefit Your Redding, California Commercial Business
Redding Retail and Commercial Businesses Depend on SERVPRO for Fire, Water and Mold Damage Clean Up. Fast Service. Call Now! 530-222-0200
The Carr Fire in Redding’s Shasta County and the Camp Fire in Butte County, Chico and Paradise produced massive devastation throughout local residential neighborhoods and homes. Businesses and commercial facilities through our Shasta, Butte and Tehama Counties region, those still standing, require cleaning of soot, ash and odor decontamination and sanitization. Businesses in many ways produce the life blood of economic vitality for local populations and communities.
Call SERVPRO Immediately! 530-222-0200
We help Northern California businesses get back in business – fast. Lost time is lost money. Whether it is disaster and mold remediation or something even worse like an active shooter event; these unexpected tragedies require a preexisting arrangement with a trusted restoration company like SERVPRO to provide the level of compassion along with urgent response, people and resources to handle any scenario.
Our extensive commercial resources include:
Time is of the essence. The longer water floods your business premises damaging documents, inventory, floors, carpet and destroying sheetrock and bathroom fixtures the longer your commercial facility will be closed to your customers. Our trained SERVPRO professionals arrive on site to immediately stop the water at the source-of-loss point. Our experience and state-of-the-art SERVPRO technology assigns water extraction and drying equipment to key zones. No matter the size of the commercial property for your business our SERVPRO technicians have the training and certifications needed to handle any type of water, fire, storm or mold damage loss.
Industrial, Commercial, and Manufacturing Facilities - Fire Damage Restoration
Regardless of whether the fire is inside the building or at a distance, smoke, ash and soot travel through HVAC systems and coat the surface of machinery, control surfaces, business inventory, electronic components and create havoc for the employees breathing in what is thought to be clean filtered air. Odors remain. Water from firefighting efforts mixed with the smoke and burned industrial synthetic chemicals and plastic produces an even worse state of acidic toxic liquid creating pits in metal fixtures and sensitive electronic components. SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties knows the intricacies of handling these fire disasters along with the collateral damage produced by the very methods used to extinguish the flames. Odor control and sanitization along with an ionizing thermo fogging technology that skips masking the odor and changes the atomic structure of the smoke particles to an odor neutral state.
Odor Control of Smoke is just one of the amazing services SERVPRO provides to Redding Hotels, Restaurants, Schools, Government, Churches and Retail properties.
Call Us Now! 530-222-0200
Mold spores float through the air everywhere. It’s not an “if mold will strike” question it is a “when mold growth happens” at your place of business, in front of customers, will you call SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties?
Visit our website to stay informed with our blog posts. Follow us on Facebook to say up to date on how SERVPRO can help your commercial business.
Your Redding Storage Unit and Toxic Mold
Mold Growing In Your Storage Unit? Call SERVPRO immediately for fast Mold Removal and Deodorization! Redding, California - 530-222-0200
Is mold growing in your storage unit?
We all like to have the peace and security of storing our extra household items and important business documents in a storage unit. Mold growth, believe it or not, is still quite common. Perhaps, more so, because storage units are frequently closed, dark environments holding unmoved and uncleaned paperwork, artwork, business equipment, sentimental family heirlooms and especially mold spore containing objects like clothing, curtains and fabric covered furniture.
SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties is a Redding, California Mold Removal and Clean Up Hero.
Storage units could be described as non-living environments. In other words, the frequency of human presence to quickly see a mold spot growing and take preventative measures for sanitization is low. Most storage units are left unattended for months and even years at a time. We don’t really know what is occurring. Certainly, with outside units, we are left at the mercy of storage facility property owners and managers to maintain enough dry air and rain water leak-proof roofing to ensure toxic mold protection from moisture build up and retention. Once again, because these units never see the light of day for long periods of time a rich and fertile, humid and dark habitat exists within which mold spores grow, multiply and thrive.
Climate controlled units help with lowering humidity levels. What happens is that even in the best of circumstances a once clean unit becomes the epicenter of a mold outbreak because of unclean items transported in from your home or business at the outset. Quite often mold prevention begins at home.
Mold Awareness and Prevention is the Key to Keeping a Moldy Storage situation from getting worse.
- Before you store, check the ceilings, walls and floor of you unit for any musty odor or obvious signs of mold.
- Be aware that roof leaks may not be immediately visible. Especially here in the North State and Shasta County we experience long periods of harsh summer heat. Left unchecked, winter storms bring high levels of rainfall to an isolated and frequently unvisited home or business storage area.
- Be aware of any standing water around the storage facility and ask your storage provider about on-site unit checks.
- Proper ventilation is very important to maintain a standard level of dryness. Especially after an extreme wet weather event
- When bringing any items to the unit, or removing them, check the floors, ceilings and walls for any signs of mold. That musty smell we are all familiar with will help you here.
Here at SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties we provide a full stack of mold removal and cleaning services because where there is water there is mold. We provide as necessary full onsite mold assessment, water drying extraction, HEPA and ODOR air scrubber filtration and sanitization, content cleaning.
If you open the door of your storage unit and see the reality of mold you had long suspected was there lurking in the darkness; that bad mildew smell and the green, black and orange spots of a mold colony eating away at your precious assets then call us immediately here at our Redding, California office.
SERVPRO – 530-222-0200.
Like it never even happened. ®