Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line, in as little as 48 hours, can quickly create mold damage in your Redding, California home or business.
Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
View the Article: Mold, Moisture, Damp Indoor Home and Commercial Spaces
Mold is not limited to growing in obvious places, it can grow and thrive in the dark corners of your home. In one Shasta County home, mold was growing because of a leak in the ice-maker water line. These leaks can be small and hard to notice especially when they are behind walls.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (530) 222-0200
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Shasta Lake
- Pollard Flat
- Red Bluff
- Los Molinos
- Paynes Creek