Unsafe Working Conditions in Northern California
According to psychology today, we will spend, on average, 90,000 hours at work within our lifetime, and looking at statistics just 3 years ago, you would have seen most of those hours were in office buildings, warehouses, and job sites. In 2020, the Coronavirus created an unsettling effect that changed every aspect of our lives. Moving a lot of us from office buildings to homes, it left its mark on the business world changing how we do everyday business and creating the question of what happens when it’s time to come back? Is your work environment safe and clean for your employees and how can SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity, & Greater Tehama Counties help?
The 3 environmental health hazards most common in the workplace are Biological, Chemical, and Physical.
- Biological hazards: could include mold, sewage, and bodily fluids.
- Chemical hazards: are often caused by improper use of chemicals that may be toxic, flammable, and combustible.
- Physical hazards: can be caused by extreme temperatures, poor air quality, and excessive noise.
Check out Osha’s full description and breakdown of different hazards within the workplace.
We know your employees and customers are your top priority in safety and health. This is why we believe in prevention before an accident or damage occurs, so let's address a few steps you can take to keep your business in top shape.
- Mold can grow from a small roof leak to a leaky water fountain. Schedule monthly inspections to check on your water pipes, plumbing, roof, and HVAC systems. Catching leaks early can prevent mold issues and biological hazards for your customers and employees.
- Investigate chemicals that are located around and in your facility. Here is a great website for safety tips, templates, and checklists, to keep your chemical usage safe in your business.
- Living in Shasta County you are no stranger to extreme weather conditions, making your HVAC system in the office even more important. Physical hazards can be caused by extreme temperatures and poor air quality, so get your HVAC and ductwork inspected and cleaned on a regular basis. This can help restore full energy efficiency, as well as prevent mold, dust, and pollen from overtaking your air.
- Add SERVPRO’s Commercial cleaning to your janitorial budget. Regular exposure to biological or chemical contaminants can contribute to unhealthy situations. Our technicians come fully equipped with top-of-the-line cleaning products and are IIRC certified. Meaning… you can go to sleep at night knowing you did everything to keep your employees safe.
So how can you help prevent environmental hazards within your workplace? BRING IN THE PROFESSIONALS!!! Our technicians are trained to investigate your workplace, locate dangers, and assess the situation.
Whether you are in a small office building, large high-rise, apartment building, or even a government facility, we are ready 24 hours, 7 days a week.
We can help create safe and healthy working conditions! Call us today! 530-222-0200