Crime Scene Cleanup - Hospital Grade Sanitation - Blood Borne Pathogens
Removal: Biological Contaminants, Odors
Restoration: Property, Home and Livability
SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties ensures every trauma scene meets or exceeds hospital-grade sanitation standards. SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties employs trained service technicians who are skilled in removing harmful biological contaminants, as well as any lingering odors. As remediation specialists, our primary goal is to preserve the customer’s property and return the home to a safe, livable condition.
1. Three Zone Crime Scene Containment
Industry standard and proven sanitation techniques used by our technicians establish a "three zone" cleaning barrier. Three "maximum control" zones using plastic sheeting and bio-tape separate the contaminated area from other parts of the building. This prevents cross-contamination from occurring between clean and affected rooms:
- The Control Zone is the contamination area, where work will take place.
- The Buffer Zone is where technicians put on personal protective equipment, and fill disposal boxes.
- The Clean Zone is designated to store tools and equipment, in order to prevent cross contamination.
During all stages of the sanitation process, SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties technicians are fully protected by Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including respiratory gear, a double layer of gloves, and hazmat suits designed especially for biohazard recovery.
We treat all crime scenes as if they contain a life threatening infection, because some of the worst viruses are known to survive in blood and biological materials. Statistics from the CDC show that 1 in 24 people has either HIV, Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C.
2. Biohazard Cleaning and Structural Removal
- Cleaning: SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties technicians start by removing all traces of dirt, chemicals, blood and biological materials from the control zone. Personal property that cannot be remediated must be disassembled and disposed of as medical waste.
- Sanitization: After cleaning, technicians treat the control zone with disinfectants by spraying surfaces at precise intervals. Following treatment, the crew wipes all surfaces manually a second time before using adenosine triphosphate (ATP) fluorescence testing, the same technology used by hospitals to verify sanitation level.
- Deodorization: In the final step, Sterile Pros uses a deodorizer to eliminate the possibility of lingering odors.
If you’ve had a homicide, suicide or other serious blood spill in your home, we know it’s an unbelievably painful experience for you. After the sirens fade, you’re the one left with the chaos, the pain and the mess. Besides blood and other body fluids, there may be damage to property, tear gas, fingerprint dust and chemicals. The investigation of crime scenes often yields cross-contamination from room to room. It may seem too overwhelming to even know where to start. That’s where we can help.
Our professional standards of conduct mean we have standardized practices which are built on meeting the most stringent state and local regulations regarding credentials, licensing, insurance and training.
The moment we arrive, our teams are trained to use compassion, discretion and communication skills. They will take as much time as you need to understand the process, the costs and payment options. We will take pictures to help document the scene for you, and give you a written estimate.
Please phone 24/7 SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties - (530) 222-0200